The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – July 2019
6 August 2019
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for July 2019
- Australia's emissions reach the highest on record, driven by electricity sector
- CEFC invests $60 million in energy efficient village
- National Construction Code set to bolster home energy savings
- Vicinity targets zero net carbon in malls by 2030
- Wholesale demand response mechanism moves forward
Key findings from the Energy Efficiency Council’s flagship report
5 July 2019
The Energy Efficiency Council’s latest flagship report, The World’s First Fuel: How energy efficiency is reshaping global systems, examines energy management policies in other countries, and what the key lessons are for Australia. Here are some of the key findings highlighted in the report.
The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – June 2019
28 June 2019
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for June 2019
- Australia is on its knees while world leaps ahead on energy efficiency
- Australia could cut emissions and power bills by adopting global energy efficiency standards
- South Australia leads push for energy efficiency
- How NABERS will transform the performance of UK office buildings
- Energy efficiency increasing in Australian homes
- How Australia and China are collaborating on energy efficiency
The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – May 2019
28 May 2019
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for May 2019
- Cut significant costs through energy saving
- CEFC tips $95m into solar powered, energy efficient community housing
- Growing the South-West: Net-zero pilot house at Gledswood Hills
- Sustainability boss to head up Solar Victoria
- 'Big problems' on energy prices - industry pleads guilty for action
Does energy efficiency matter in the age of cheap solar?
28 May 2019
When it comes to reducing energy costs and carbon emissions, Australians have strongly supported solar photovoltaics (PVs), making Australia a world leader in household PV uptake with over 2.1 million rooftop solar power systems installed across the country as of April 2019. But what about energy efficiency? Does it still matter?
The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – March 2019
5 April 2019
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for March 2019
- New regulations to increase energy efficiency
- NT Government invests in energy efficiency
- IEA holds high-level workshop on digitalisation of energy efficiency
- Researchers look to make shopping centres, stores more energy efficient
- Toll creates Australia-first carbon neutral warehouse for Nike
- Vivid Technology takes smart LED lighting to emerging agritech sector
Here are five ways to reduce your energy bills
1 April 2019
Energy efficiency has become a growing concern for many businesses in Australia.
Council of Small Business Organisations Australia (COSBOA)’s national snapshot of nearly 200 small business owners released this January shows 78 percent of businesses have seen their energy costs increase in the past two years.
With the rising energy costs and spurring emissions, here are five ways to reduce your energy bills and ensure your business growth does not come at the expense of environment.
The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – February 2019
4 March 2019
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for February 2019
- $67 million investment in energy efficiency to cut costs and emissions
- COAG’s support for stronger building energy standards opens the door to higher performance, at lower cost
- Energy efficiency is a $7.7 billion, 120,000-job opportunity for Australia
- CEFC and Cbus Property target urban sustainability
The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – January 2019
7 February 2019
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for January 2019
- Industry leaders on Australia Day Honours List
- Energy efficient homes could save households $1,000-plus a year on bills
- Top tips for energy saving solutions for manufacturers
- Australians are demanding energy efficient homes: ASBEC
- Buildings produce 25% of Australia’s emissions. What will it take to make them ‘green’ – and who’ll pay?
- ACT expanding energy efficiency scheme
The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – December 2018
9 January 2019
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for December 2018
- COAG defers energy improvements under building code
- UNSW students claim world record for energy efficiency with solar-powered car
- Air Conditioners Are Heating Up Our Planet
- Climate change: LED lights making dent in UK energy demand
- Dutch eco initiative halves energy bills in first UK homes
Energy Efficiency - 'Under the Radar' Path to Combating Energy Waste and Climate Change
3 December 2018
Australia's failure to realise energy efficiency's potential has hit the country hard. Individuals and businesses are struggling to deal with the rising energy bills and global temperatures are spiraling out of control.
While energy news and debate over energy policy continue to dominate the media, energy efficiency has been a blip on the radar despite it being one of the most effective energy solutions.
The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – October 2018
22 November 2018
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for October 2018
- Empire State Building: A beacon for energy efficiency
- Energy Efficiency 2018: Analysis and outlooks to 2040
- ACU Australia's most energy-efficient university
- Energy productivity a new key link to improve profitability
- Technology making food production more energy efficient
Top 5 Benefits of Improving Energy Efficiency At Your Business
8 November 2018
There are countless benefits of increasing energy efficiency in your business.
Energy efficiency is one of the fastest and easiest ways to reduce operating costs and improve asset value.
By improving your energy productivity, you are able to build and maintain a strong corporate reputation, qualify for government programs, rebates and incentives, and many more.
Here is a list of the top benefits you can get when you embrace energy efficiency in your business.
The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – September 2018
8 October 2018
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for September 2018
- Hit hard by volatile energy prices, Australian manufacturers have been advised to reduce their reliance on gas
- Low-income earners could save hundreds on power bills under Senator Tim Storer’s plan
- Farmers to flock to solar and battery storage, as power costs bite
- Improving energy efficiency for manufacturers
- Energy-efficient windows: How much will you really save?
- Lighten your retail overheads with energy efficient lighting
The Monthly Energy Efficiency News Roundup – August 2018
7 September 2018
Here’s our energy efficiency news roundup for August 2018
- Guy Barnett announces energy efficiency grants for farmers
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian announces Climate Change Fund money to reduce energy costs
- How business can keep energy costs below 10c/kWh
- Cutting power bills with solar panels with 650,000 homes
- New guide for business maps pathway to energy success
Stay in the loop!
Sign up to our newsletter to get Energy Efficiency Expo mail straight to your inbox.