ABOUT THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY COUNCIL
The Energy Efficiency Council is Australia’s peak body for energy efficiency, energy management and demand response.
The Council is a not-for-profit membership association which exists to make sensible, cost effective energy efficiency measures standard practice across the Australian economy. We work on behalf of our members to promote stable government policy, provide clear information to energy users and drive the quality of energy efficiency products and services.
Formed in 2009, the EEC now represents over 90 members from business and government that:
- Provide high quality energy efficiency advice, services and management
- Manufacture, install or service energy efficiency products or technologies
- Manufacture, install or manage of cogeneration and trigeneration systems
- Develop, market or implement demand management systems and services
Visit www.eec.org.au for more information.
The Energy Efficiency Council's mission is to make sensible, cost effective energy efficiency measures standard practice across the Australian economy. To this end, the Energy Efficiency Council:
- Fosters stable government policies that increase the demand for energy efficiency products and services and deliver economic and environmental benefits to the community
- Delivers clear information on the benefits of energy efficiency to the public and private sectors
- Improves the quality, reputation and confidence in energy efficiency services and products
- Provides relevant, high quality services to its members
Recently, the Energy Efficiency Council has:
- Worked with State Governments to save the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target and strengthen the NSW Energy Savings Scheme
- Worked at the Federal level to build bipartisan support for energy efficiency and the new National Energy Productivity Plan
- Collaborated with the NSW Government to ensure the success of government efficiency projects under the NSW Government Resources Efficiency Policy (GREP), and lobbied for the reintroduction of the Victorian Greener Government Buildings program
- Established the world-leading Energy Efficiency Certification Scheme for professionals that lead commercial building retrofits
- Partnered on the development of a new Australian energy audit standard focused on giving audit customers actionable energy conservation measures
- Put robust measurement and verification at the heart of Australian energy efficiency policy and trained over 150 certified M&V professionals
- Delivered the most successful National Energy Efficiency Conference ever, with over 260 attendees and a 100% satisfaction rating
MESSAGE FROM THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY COUNCIL
"Energy has become a first-order strategic issue for most Australian businesses. As a result, they are actively assessing any option that can reduce their exposure to an increasingly volatile energy market. And they are finding that energy efficiency is one of the quickest and cheapest ways to bring down energy bills while raising business productivity.
We are excited to be partnering with Reed Exhibitions Australia to deliver the Energy Efficiency Expo. I'm confident it will provide a valuable forum for Australian businesses to get across how they can act to take control of their energy costs."
Luke Menzel, CEO, Energy Efficiency Council